Monday, July 24, 2006

 

10 Daily Money Saving Tips

It was my father who inculcated in me the habit of saving for future needs. When I was just a kid, he gave me and my other siblings our very own bamboo coin bank where we drop our extra coins from our school allowances. Later on, when we had it filled already, he then introduced us to real banking by way of assisting us in opening our very first bank savings account.

When I got my first savings account passbook, I was very thrilled and felt like a responsible adult who is able to manage his/her own money. I have learned so much from this habit that it has become second nature fro me to think of ways I can add to my savings. Now every time I have an emergency need, I know I have a saving I can turn to anytime all the time.

During these hard times when the price of everything seems to soar higher and higher, I just try to remind myself of the following money saving tips in my day-to-day living:

1. It is much cheaper to prepare our own food at home than eating out at restaurants. It is also a good time for bonding and we have fun helping out each other in preparing for our breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

2. Whenever my family dines out, instead of buying soda, I just ask for water. Drinking water is a lot healthier and I’m able to save also more money.

3. For my children’s school allowance, I try to let them bring food. This way, I know they get to eat nutritious food during recess time and they also don’t have to wait in line to buy food in the school canteen.

4. Whenever I have to buy some grocery items, I try not to go for name-brands. I just look for quality items and these items are just as good as their expensive counterparts.

5. As much as possible, I buy goods at wholesale rather than retail. This usually amounts to a great discount.

6. If the place I have to go to iss of walking distance, then I just walk. This way, I get to save from my transportation allowance and I also get to have some exercise.

7. For exercise, instead of going to a gym where I have to pay for a membership fee, I just go to the nearby civic center and have a good swim at the the pool. Now I have a healthy pocket as well as a healthy body.

8. Instead of going to malls for recreation especially on weekends, my family goes on a picnic at the Eco-park. Aside from getting some fresh air, I’m also able to avoid impulse buying which at most is not very good for our weekly or monthly budget.

9. Instead of buying a book or a magazine, I just visit the nearby library and borrow one.

10. And yes, every time I have some loose change in my pocket, I drop them at my coin bank. This way, I never run out of money.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?