Thursday, July 27, 2006

 

The Three Most Important Things to Learn to Become Rich

Last night, when I called my husband at home, I noticed that he sounded a little upset. When I asked him why, he told me that he just discovered that our eldest daughter had mostly low or failing grades in most of her subjects' quizzes in school. I told him to talk with her and remind her of the importance of learning. At most, he could also give her tips on how to study more effectively.

I reminded my husband not to punish our daughter for her failing grades because I believe that we do learn from our mistakes. By nature, we all learn through our mistakes from infancy to adulthood. Unfortunately, when we go to school, we are taught not to make mistakes. We are taught that to be smart, we should be able to memorize all the right answers. We are also taught that we are not smart enough when we fail and are often called as “stupid”.

As I grew older, I realized that to be successful, I have to unlearn most of the things I learned in school. If you want to be successful in life, you simply have to watch how the kids learn and copy them. And that’s exactly what I did when I had my own kids. I observed that as they learned to walk, they had to stumble a little and do it right the next time. As they learned to speak, they had to repeat it several times to get the sound right. I noticed that when we do not ridicule them and just encourage them, they gain more confidence and become eager to do them right the next time. Most often than not, they become successful at whatever they are trying to achieve.

So, what are the three most important things to learn to become rich? The following three things were what I discovered that one has to learn to overcome in order to become rich and successful in life:
1. The fear of making mistakes,
2. The fear of failing, and
3. The fear of being embarrassed.

Most young kids know how to overcome the three things mentioned naturally. So if you ask me if anyone can become rich and successful, I’d say that all of us have the power and the potential to become one. We all just have to learn how to make mistakes, learn how to fail and learn how to overcome our embarrassments. If we could do this, there is a good chance that we are well on our way to being wealthy.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?