Saturday, July 29, 2006

 

A Working Mom's Guide to Easy Housekeeping

I am a full time working mom but my heart is always with my family. Well, my family takes work, too. And no matter how busy I am, I always fit them into my busy schedule. I always remind myself that I am not alone in this situation and that getting everything done is not as important as having a positive attitude with a sense of humor and making my home a happy place.

For easy housekeeping that cuts down time of labor without cutting down the enjoyment my loved ones derive from it, I abide by the following guidelines:

1. Never try to keep a perfect house. Just remember that when other people come and visit your place, they actually do not see all the things that need to be done. Quit worrying about what other people will think. You don’t owe it to anybody else to keep a spotlessly clean house.

2. Instead of cleaning the whole house once every six months, try to clean one room at a time when the mood strikes you. Do the same thing with closets, drawers, cupboards and the like. After a while, you’ll realize that you’ve cleaned everything without feeling that cleaning is a burden.

3. Each time you find something out of place, pick it up and deposit it in its proper place as you pass by it.

4. Share the household chores with your family. The time spent helping each other will also be a time spent for bonding.

5. Hire a household help from time to time to get big tasks done especially on weekends when you can supervise the work to be done.

In following the above guidelines, I’m able to budget my energy doing only what I can do at a time. I’m able to make sure, also, that I’m not overtired. As long as there is good food to eat, some clean clothes to wear and a mother who is happy to be with them, I believe my family won’t complain.

Since life is so short and priceless, I always try to find an easy way to do things. This way, I am able to live life to the fullest. Indeed, it’s a wonderful world and just full of wonderful things to do.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?